Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trip to Branson, Mo

I was eager to make this 3 day vacation to Branson, for a couple of reasons. The first time I ever traveled to Branson, i was invited by a vacation package organizer, Surrey vacations.

I thought about going back one more time, to revisit the scenic views of the Orzark mountains, and the hospitality of it's people. But I wasn't going to head out to this vacation spot without my family, so I ask my wife if we could accept an invitation , to visit the city, by another vacation share company, Grand Crowne Resort. Her reply was yes, she said it would afford us, a chance to getaway for the summer. Since we had not planned any vacation, at the time the discussion came up, this way last October 2008. She agreed, under one condition though, that i would drive the whole journey. to which i answered in the affirmative, it was a long 7 hours trip with all the stops( distance about 530 miles), the last time we were there. And that was me blasting away in a car i term "pride" of Chrysler, the Chrysler 300.

This time there would not be a Chrysler 300, we would have to travel in our Nissan Pathfinder. not an equivalent vehicle, if you ask me. She wanted to me assume a more responsible attitude, towards driving, especially with long distance travels. I was well aware of the limitations of driving a truck, as compared with a fast car, comfort, ease of travel and the need for speed.

I decided that the Pathfinder, almost new, was comfortable enough for the distance. The truck also scored high for me, in ease of travel, but I had to agree it had offered less in terms of speed. Working with 2 positives, i agreed to drive the Pathfinder. A decision that I would later be pleased with.

When i signed up for the chance to view what Grand Crowne had, in terms of property units, and to learn the advantages of owning one of their vacation units, I asked to be upgraded to 2 bedroom suite. The original offer was a one bedroom unit, which was inadequate for my family.

We had to book and rebook our reservation, as it became difficult to travel. two of my children were attending summer schools, at the very beginning of the summer vacation, while the many travels and schedule of my wife, made it nearly impossible to affirm any date. With some divine intervention, we were able to find a three day weekend/ weekday, in which we could squeeze in travel. that was exactly what we did, so close to the end of summer vacation, and right in the middle of a travel plan for my wife. Yes we did it, and it was fun. The drive was smooth and comfortable as i predicted, but to my plesant surprise, the acceleration was excellent. I did not need any crazy speed though, I was determine to take it "easy".

We had a stop over at St louis, did a bit of sight seeing, without the legendary Arch, which was sold out. We retire to our hotel Hilton at downtown, for the night, after we had dinner at TGIF.

Next morning we set out to Branson, drove a little over three hours, through the beautiful scenery called the Orzark country.

The next two days in this city would prove lovely, boat ride with a show on board, visit to lakeside beach, shopping at the out let mall and lots of good food, including a very nice dinner at Shorty Smalls.
Now back to reality , i have return to ideas about conservation, renewable energy and price of gas. You can read more about these and other stuff @ www.truecomfortzone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment